“Our classic water badger is the real thing!" -P. Finkelstein
Our classic hand mounted badger brush is made out of the finest grouping of water badger hair. Stay clear of the 'BAD'-ger impostor whose hair is made out of goat hair that has been dipped into black paint to look like a real badger. These impostors are far too soft to move the glaze. Stiffer hair is good for softening and easier to clean as you go.
- 3/4 inch thick, hand selected badger hair, which repels water
- Resists fanning out with overuse
- Best used with thin reversible water mediums (i.e. gouache, beer glaze)
- See also Round Badger - a true innovation for thicker water mediums
- Fantastic for burnishing Dutch metal w/o scratching (for gold leaf, Chiqueteur)
- Size 2 best for smoothing intricate surfaces
- Size 4 is the universal size - best for faux marble/woodgraining
- Size 6 the best for your largest smoothing job - amazingly productive brush!
READY TO BUY?
Also Available In These Brush Kits/Sets : Wood Kit
|Medium:||Water||Hair Length:||3" (80mm)|
|Available Sizes:||2, 4, 6||Dia./width :||2.5 (63mm), 4 (100mm), 6 (150mm)|
|Hair type:||Badger||Brush Length:||8" (205mm)|
|Ferrule Type:||Holdings:||Conductor's Hold|
|Handle:||wooden round medium||Brush care:||Water: Wash with soap|
Related Brushes and Tools Pierre Recommends...