Tapestry Patterns- Aubusson, France
A must have for all muralists and ornamentalists! This collection of Çcartons is the first book of its kind. These cartons were hand-painted mock-ups scaled for the tapestry maker to produce18th century rugs and tapestry. This book offers a great source of information on fading with opaque tonality. Learn to rely more on brush strokes and color, rather than softening for a faded look. For those who struggle with trompe loeil, this book will break down highlights and shadow in increments for greater understanding.
- Excellent for ceiling, frieze, and floral ornamentation
- Vivid colors are easy to read and translate into your own design
- Excellent close-ups
- If you struggle with painting flowers, this is the book for you
- Similar to block wallpaper printing of 18th century
- This is yest a STEP-by-STEP book
- 279 pages, Text is English and in French. Written by Chantal Chirac
- Click on the image to view additional pages from book
READY TO BUY?
Related Brushes and Tools Pierre Recommends...